Stealing Santa December 20 2016, 0 Comments
Receiving gifts at Christmas is never quite as good as when you were a kid. As an adult you typically get a Bunning’s voucher or a bottle of wine, and while these things are essential (especially the wine…), they aren’t the most exciting things in the world.
That is why this year the adults in my family will be playing Stealing Santa.
Stealing Santa, sometimes called Dirty Santa (although that name kind of grosses me out), is a gift-giving game that puts a little excitement and drama back into gift giving. It goes like this:
- Every person purchases a gift to a set value. The gifts are wrapped without any names or identifying information, and are put under the tree.
- Each person draws a number. Whoever picks #1 selects and opens a gift.
- Then the person with #2 either chooses another gift to open, OR, and this is the best part, steals the gift from #1.
- This continues through the numbers with each new person having the option of selecting a new gift or stealing an already opened one.
- If a gift is stolen, the person who had it then steals from someone else or picks another gift to open.
So by the end of the game each person has a gift, and because of the stealing, everyone is likely to have something they actually like! Imagine that, no more bath salts from Aunty Barb!
Are you looking for gift that will send your relatives into a stealing frenzy? Caravana’s oversized scarves are perfect for your Stealing Santa or Kris Kringle. In a range of colours, prints and luxurious fabrics, there is something for all ages. They double as a sarong making them the perfect summer item, and from $25-$49 they are priced to suit most gift budgets.
Melbourne Customers Only can still place your order at https://caravana.com.au by midnight tonight December 20th and choose EXPRESS SHIPPING for Christmas delivery, and we will even throw in gift-wrapping.